Massive inspiration came to me yesterday via a very unexpected source. The one and only Anthea Turner, ex Blue Peter presenter and daytime TV favourite who at almost 60 is taking part in the gruelling Celebrity SAS Challenge.
If you’ve seen it, it’s tough! A series of mentally and physically gruelling (and often quite humiliating) challenges in unforgiving weather, harsh landscape and volatile seas.
The shows host Ant Middleton himself said: “If these celebrities turn up with an ego, they won’t last 24 hours.”
I personally wouldn’t have considered it in my twenties, let alone any later. That being said, it has attracted several high profile, more mature ladies over the last couple of years who certainly aren’t daft!!
For example, last year we saw 49 year old writer and former MP Louise Mensch take part as well as 50 year old Loose Women Host, Andrea McLean.
This year we have 59 year old TV Presenter Anthea Turner, as well as 41 year old Katie Price.
Why put yourself through this demanding, dangerous and potentially humiliating experience?
I absolutely loved the response of Anthea Turner who when asked, replied back without hesitation :
‘As I get older I want my world to expand and not shrink’
This really spoke to me because since founding Love Life Ladies Fitness 7 years ago, I have seen our members lives expand dramatically.
Initially most ladies start by wanting to ‘get fitter’ or ‘lose a bit of weight’.
It may be that Slimming World or the gym just didn’t work and they decide to try us….
Alternatively they needed the support of likeminded women to make some positive change.
They then sign up for one of our programs or class packages, start to see amazing results and the goalposts change dramatically….
Their confidence increases…
They feel stronger and have more faith in what their bodies can do…
They feel mentally more resilient…
They see what our other members are doing and then want to try this themselves…
Since joining Love Life Ladies, I’ve been inspired and challenged by some awesome women – all juggling their own sets of plates!! Made new friends and met up with ladies I know but didn’t realise were dealing with their own personal health and fitness challenges.
I have loved every minute … The benefits so far are endless from weightloss, more energy, a stronger core, much fitter. Most of all I have been empowered to invest in myself again to enable me to be able to be and do who I was meant to be!!’ – Amanda Sewell
And guess what? We are still managing to keep running through lockdown as our ladies are a dedicated lot a certainly DIDN’T want to stop….
With this in mind, we have set up a Virtual Membership Program, which gives you…
- Access to daily live online classes which will be taught to you by our fab instructors Hannah, Dave and Klaartje via Facebook Live videos. We can send each other messages via the live chat too. These include Boxfit, Bootcamp, Pilates, Combat Blast, Body Balance and Piloxing
- Access to recorded videos of ALL of these classes for you to do whenever you want and as many times as you want.
- Access to a weekly written home workout program with and without equipment
- Access to our beginners and improvers ‘learn to run’ courses
- Motivational messages to give you tips on how to keep fit, healthy and ‘sane’ as we all plough our way through quarantine.
- Tried and tested nutrition plans, food guides and menu planners which have helped hundreds of our ladies lose and manage their weight
- Access to our large community of motivated and supportive local women who you can communicate with via our private facebook support group
- Your own Accountability Group. This is a small group of ladies with very similar goals to you who will help support you to keep fit and healthy over this challenging time
Sound interesting? If so please get in touch!
In the meantime, stay safe and PLEASE keep active!
Lots of love