Today I want to touch on a slightly delicate subject… This is managing our mental wellbeing in these challenging times. I have spoken to lots of people who are suffering from low mood and anxiety at the moment. Uncertainty about the future, loneliness, isolation, lack of social connection and support are taking their toll.
Did you know though that two of the things that have been scientifically proven to combat low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety is EXERCISE and SOCIAL INTERACTION?
Numerous studies have shown that the more sedentary and isolated a society becomes, the higher the rates of depression and mental illness there seems to be.
This is probably why we are seeing so many people struggle with their mental health during lockdown… Even those who have not previously had a history of mental illness.
Please don’t be disheartened though, as even with the current lockdown measures we have in place there are things you can do to help yourself!
If low mood is something that you are struggling with at the moment, maybe incorporating some of these lifestyle changes may work well for you.
- Find a fitness activity you enjoy and makes you feel good. An online class, home workout, run, walk, cycle, get out in your garden. Even in these challenging times, there are plenty of resources out there to help keep you motivated.
- Get involved with a group of likeminded people who can all offer you encouragement and a better sense of social connectedness. This doesn’t need to be face to face… There are plenty of online groups and forums that offer this at the moment.
- Get THE RIGHT KIND OF SUPPORT. I know the one thing that our Love Life Ladies say to me is that if they can’t get to class for any reason, one of the things they miss the most is the camaraderie and sense of mutual support our online members group offers.
These are some of the reasons our online Love Life Ladies Fitness community has been such a massive support to our members over the last few weeks and this is summed up perfectly by our Liz….
‘During lockdown the online activities and support from Love Life Ladies has provided the perfect opportunity to keep me strong both physically and mentally. The classes are there whenever I want them providing a great variety of workouts to motivate and challenge me, and the online support of my fellow LLL’s gives me an important sense of connection to the outside world. As someone who needs to keep moving I honestly don’t know how I would have got through this pandemic without LLL’ – Liz
If this is something that you think might help you, you may be interested in our Virtual Membership Program, which gives you….
- Access to daily live online classes which will be taught to you by our fab instructors Hannah, Dave and Klaartje via Facebook Live videos. We can send each other messages via the live chat too. These include Boxfit, Bootcamp, Pilates, Combat Blast, Body Balance and Piloxing
- Access to recorded videos of ALL of these classes for you to do whenever you want and as many times as you want.
- Access to a weekly written home workout program with and without equipment
- Access to our beginners and improvers ‘learn to run’ courses
- Motivational messages to give you tips on how to keep fit, healthy and ‘sane’ as we all plough our way through quarantine.
- Tried and tested nutrition plans, food guides and menu planners which have helped hundreds of our ladies lose and manage their weight
- Access to our large community of motivated and supportive local women who you can communicate with via our private facebook support group
- Your own Accountability Group. This is a small group of ladies with very similar goals to you who will help support you to keep fit and healthy over this challenging time
Sound interesting? If so please get in touch!
In the meantime, stay safe and PLEASE keep active!
Lots of love